August 12, 2007

Getting Stuck In

I've been home from War and the Pity Party/Post-Revel for about 20 hours now, and I've spent my day alternately working on web design issues and playing Civ 4 when I got frustrated with the former. Unpacking? Yeah, right.

I've gotten SIX people who have said that they'd help with website/database stuff, but I have to know what to ask them to help WITH, so I'm learning and diagramming, and panicing some more. I need nested pages, a new hosting service that I can't afford, forms and database to go with them for contact info entry, and, if possible, better forums (the ones we have are ok, just not great.)

I have a STACK of contact info data to enter, and I just really don't want to have to do it twice, plus my main web guru is really only available to help for the next 10 days, so I'm hopeful that we can get something accomplished in that time, and I can enter it all once on the NEW site, and be done with it. Content for that new site, including guidelines for running sessions, will be coming shortly thereafter, the guidelines by the end of the month for sure, even if I have to put them up on the old site, or even here, if the transition takes more than a couple of days.

No comments: