May 13, 2007

Sharing the discovery process

At our local A&S gathering yesterday, we discussed how so many SCAdians work on something neat and new in solitude, or with just the advice of a mentor, and then 'unveil' their work to the Known World. I am all for the grand moment, and certainly the artists in question deserve that moment, but wouldn't it sometimes be fun to share the process of discovery with others who might be interested too?

I have been compiling a list of things I want to try as part of my 50 New Things challenge, and I plan to let folks in my area know when I am doing something, so they can come join me, if they want to.

Talking about period 'aqua' has some of us planning a communal dye day for example. We could have each done our own, but it would be more expensive (for those who lack dye pots, etc), less likely to get as many people involved (it is easier to go to a scheduled thing than to motivate oneself), and, lastly and most importantly, it will be both more fun and more educational to do it together. I am really looking forward to it!

No comments: